Alumni, we know it's been a while since we last posted a yearbook and we don't want to make you wait any longer! And now we turn back to the beginning of the 80's...
Former campers from 1991, enjoy your yearbook!
Summer is getting closer. All of the talk about how camp is close must make you nostalgic! Think about a time when:
For all you children of the 80's here is another, never before published online, yearbook. Straight from the Camp Champions Vault!
For all you children of the eighties, not to worry, we did not forget about you! Hot off the retro-press, back to a time when:
Thinking back to your summers on Lake LBJ, it is also interesting to think about what else was going on in the world
It is time for the SECOND digital yearbook uploading. Much like the first one, this is a great opportunity to peruse the pages and relive all of your favorite camp memories. Please keep checking back as we will be uploading a new digital yearbook each week! Tell your friends! We want to get as many people as possible connected back with camp!
Flashback to the year:
- Micronesia gains independence from the US. Life just seems different without Micronesia
- Space Shuttle Challenger explodes soon after take-off. The world unites to mourn the loss of true heroes, including Christa McAuliffe, the first teacher in space
- IBM unveils the first laptop computer. It is big, and ugly, but you felt cool if you have one!
- Nicotine patch is invented. 32% of Americans smoked in the 1980s versus 24% now. Maybe the patch helped!
- The Crocodile Dundee is released , leading to an explosion of bad Aussie accents talking about putting "shrimp on the barbie"
- Cheers, Fame, Family Ties and The Cosby Shows are popular on TV. Remember when we all watched Network Television?
- The Houston Astros play an epic 6-game series against the New York Mets for the National League pennant, culminating in a 16 inning classic that STILL makes Steve Sir sad. The Mets would then beat the Boston Red Sox after a routine ground ball rolls between Bill Buckner's legs.
Just to set the stage for the first digital yearbook upload, let's take it back, to the year when
Welcome back to Camp! Over the past 43 summers Champions has been making memories and changing lives one kid at a time. Camp has diligently archived those memories in the form of yearbooks from the very beginning so they will never be forgotten.
Camp Champions is about to embark on its 44th summer and has decided to take the idea of the yearbook one step farther. We will be uploading a past yearbook each week until all of our memoirs are one easy click away.